“Kognitians” are a collection of smart people who have come together to solve big data analytics problems for clients. As a rapidly growing company, we are always looking for talented people to join our team. If you feel that you have the drive to make a real contribution to Kognitio in the fast-moving Big Data Analytics industry, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All résumés, CVs and enquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
Kognitio are looking to recruit a software developer to join our server software development team. The new recruit will be predominantly involved in improving our product’s integration when running on a Hadoop cluster alongside other Hadoop applications.
Kognitio recently undertook a project to extend our product to work as a Yarn application on Hadoop clusters. We are now looking for a new member of the team to continue this work as the main developer for the Kognitio on Hadoop aspect of the product. This will involve maintaining the existing code and adding new product features to improve integration with Hadoop.
This role will be quite varied and will require working with a number of different subsystems of the product, including the application management, message passing and persistent storage modules. While the core product is written in C, this role will also require working with a number of external technologies and using a variety of programming languages including: Java, Python and bash scripting. The applicant will need to be comfortable with learning new technologies and programming languages as required.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the Kognitio on Hadoop parts of the product
- Development of new product features
- Participation into investigations into user problem reports
- Assistance with problem reproduction and prototype environments
- Strong C programming
- Good Linux knowledge
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and languages quickly
- Self-starter who is happy working with minimal supervision
- Broad computer science background
- Good relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience with Hadoop
- Familiarity with Java, Python, bash scripting
- Knowledge of SQL
- Relational databases (in-depth expertise with a particular database product is not required)
- Join a company that is at the heart of the most exciting and dynamic segment of the IT industry
- Flexible Work Environment
- Competitive salary
If you are interested in the above role, please contact email@example.com