Forum

Discussions specific to version 8.1
Contributor

Loading via wxloader

by vishwasjione » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi ,
I am using windows machine where in I am using Putty to connect to Kognitio server.
I have to load data from my windows desktop to Kognitio server using Putty ?

1) is it possible using command wxloader -s server -u user -t table [options] filename ?
or
2) I will have to install Kogntio given ODBC driver and then using that driver and some III party software push data to Kognitio server?

Thanks
Vishwas
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Loading via wxloader

by markc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Vishwas,

There are a couple of ways to use wxloader functionality from Windows, both of which require you to install Kognitio Console on your Windows machine using the links from the topic at http://www.kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10. There is also a presentation on using Console linked to from that topic.

1) Use the load entry under the Tools menu (or from right-clicking on a table), and then specify details such as the file to load, its format, etc.

2) Use the wxloader.exe standalone tool which will be installed by default along with Console. On a normal installation of the 32-bit clients this will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kognitio Ltd\wx2clients32.

You can also use wxloader on the server as it is included on the server installation. Typically users would set up one or more dedicated loading nodes, also referred to as APs in the documentation, for this, but for a single node system you could do this from the single database node.

To find more information on the options for the Windows/Linux command line version of wxloader you can use "man wxloader" on the DB node as the wxadmin user, or you can refer to the documentation, or the single sheet summary at http://www.kognitio.com/forums/wxloader.pdf.

Regards,
Mark.
Reply with quote Top