Forum

Discussions specific to version 8.1
Single Poster

Unable to connect to Kognitio server and SQL Server

by amagarwal » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Team,

i have recently installed Kognitio 8.01 and trying to connect to Kognitio Server by giving correct address and port number as 6550. I am getting error 08001. Can someone please help in this regard.

Also i want to connect to SQL Server from Kognitio tool. Is there any particular driver i need to install to connect to the same.

I am using 32 bit version of Kognitio.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Unable to connect to Kognitio server and SQL Server

by markc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm

You cannot connect to SQLServer with the Kognitio client tools - they are solely for use with Kognitio products.

For your connectivity issue with your Kognitio system, you could try a few things:

1) verify the Kognitio software is up and running by using wxsubmit to connect to localhost from one of the DB nodes. If this fails, perhaps the software has not been started?

2) use telnet to connect to the system, to verify there is no connectivity issue. If your server IP address is e.g. 1.2.3.4 try

telnet 1.2.3.4 6550

If that works you should see something like:

Trying 1.2.3.4...
Connected to 1.2.3.4.
Escape character is '^]'.

If you don't see that, there is probably an issue with e.g. a firewall which is preventing connectivity. Resolving that is beyond the scope of these forums, so you would need to work with your IT team to address it.

3) if telnet works but you still cannot connect, please collect an ODBC trace following the instructions at http://www.kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53 and attach it to this topic.
Reply with quote Top