Forum

Discussions specific to version 8.1
Multiple Poster

Setup Kognitio client and odbc

by rahul_murali » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello,

I am new to Kognitio.

I need help to setup kognitio client on our application server. After this, the odbc driver of the client has to be used to connect to kognitio itself.

Please let me know what has to be done. Also is there a way to check connectivity between a kognitio client and server?

Thanks,

Rahul M
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Setup Kognitio client and odbc

by markc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:51 pm

http://www.kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103 has downloads for installing the Kognitio client tools for Linux and Solaris (x86). Once you've done that you can try using the wxsubmit command line tool which is part of that install to connect to the Kognitio server (you can use "wxsubmit -s <IP address of your server> -u <username> -p <password>" to test this out, then read documentation to find out how to set up ODBC DSNs for wxsubmit, with http://www.kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=178 being a useful reference for that).
Reply with quote Top
Multiple Poster

by rahul_murali » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I need some more help.

Could you please let me know if Kognitio ODBC drivers are level 2 commands compliant?

Thanks
Rahul M
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by markc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 am

The ODBC driver advertises itself as having core level conformance, as you can see from making an SQLGetInfo call for SQL_ODBC_INTERFACE_CONFORMANCE.

It does also support some level 1 (e.g. SQLPrimaryKeys) and level 2 functionality (e.g. SQLDescribeParam for dynamic parameters)
Reply with quote Top