Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Contributor

NeutrinoBI and Kognitio trial

by vishwasjione » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am

Hi All,

On Kognitio website we find this option of testing power of Kognitio without installing it but it comes with below conditions -

1) You must have Windows XP or above to install the desktop application -
I have win 7 so here I am fine.

2) You must have administrative rights to install the desktop application

Q - Will Kognitio provide any desktop application for this ? if yes where is the link to download it so that I can ask my administrators to install that for me?

3) You must be able to connect to port 8088 - click here to test.

Q - I tried but I got 'Page cannot be displayed" message. Here we are talking about my machine port or Kognitio server port ?

Please help us with this.

Thanks
Vishwas
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: NeutrinoBI and Kognitio trial

by markc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:26 am

Vishwas,

I've moved this topic to our Cloud forum as I think that is the right place for it. I will try to get someone more involved in this area to reply.

Regards,
Mark.
Reply with quote Top
Multiple Poster

Re: NeutrinoBI and Kognitio trial

by JohnC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 am

Hi Vishwas,

It looks like you have an issue with the required privileges on your desktop to install the software and to access port 8088. You will need to either login using an account with the privilege to do that, or get an administrator to do it for you. Unfortunately, there is no way around this to install the front end aspect of the trial you are attempting. Port 8088 is also required to gain access to the web service associated with this trial.

There are other ways in which you can experience Kognitio, one of which, via AWS Marketplace (aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B0096EZ0RE/ref=srh_res_product_title?ie=UTF8&sr=0-3&qid=1389002552068), does not require any specific privileges on your desktop.

Let me know if you have any further issues.

John
Reply with quote Top