Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Multiple Poster

How to pull data from wx2 to MYSQL

by vedprakash » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Team,
I have requirement where i need to pull data from WX2 to MYSql. I want to know do kognitio support db link concept like we have in oracle to access data from another DB.
If yes do we have some place documented how to set it up.

Thanks
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: How to pull data from wx2 to MYSQL

by markc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:08 pm

It seems like you want to pull data FROM Kognitio TO MySQL. So isn't that a question for how MySQL can handle pulling data from other databases?

To access the data in Kognitio you could use the ODBC driver to retrieve it, or for better performance use the bulk unloader utilities to export it as CSV, which you could then load into MySQL.

If you were going the other way round, pulling data FROM MySQL TO Kognitio, you could bulk unload as CSV from MySQL then bulk load into Kognitio, or you could use the External Table functionality of version 8 to access MySQL tables on demand from Kognitio via an ODBC connector.

The documentation covers off all these approaches.
Reply with quote Top
Multiple Poster

by vedprakash » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot.
To configure ODBC driver do we have to install the wxtools which will help us to connect to kognitio.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by markc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm

http://www.kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103 has information on downloading the clients for Linux and x86 Solaris.

The Configuration & Maintenance Guide is in the documentation set linked to from that same page, and includes information in Appendix A on configuring the ODBC driver on Linux, which is similar to the steps you'd take with any other ODBC driver.
Reply with quote Top