Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Contributor

DS0002: No hash space

by markc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 am

I am running a query to add some data to the database, and I'm getting the following error:

DS0002: No hash space

What is causing this, and how can I fix it?
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: DS0002: No hash space

by markc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 am

The KAP platform splits disk resources into slabs, which default to a maximum size of 16GB. Each slab on each disk resource has a limit on the maximum number of tables which can have records stored in it. By default this limit is 9973 tables.

Note this limit is per slab per disk resource, so you can have hundreds of thousands or millions of tables on a KAP system, given sufficient disk storage, as you can have many slab per disk resource, and many disk resources.

When the table limit per slab per disk resource is exceeded, you will receive the DS0002 error you are seeing.

Possible ways to address this, starting from the simplest:
  1. recover disk space using RECLAIM or REPACK (consult documentation for details). Tables which have been dropped/truncated still count towards the limit per slab per disk resource, so recovering their space will free up tables for the slab.
  2. use slab assignment policies to control which tables/schemas are assigned to which slabs. See the documentation and http://kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=79 for details on the basic rules to use when assigning objects to slabs.
  3. recommission the system with a smaller slab size than the default 16GB - you can do this by setting max_slab_gb in the [fs] section of the config file with the wxviconf tool, then recommissioning. Alternatively, you can set desired_slabs in the same section of the config file and recommission. By having smaller slabs, you will have more slabs, and therefore tend to place less data on each individual slab instance.
Reply with quote Top