Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Multiple Poster

Error while running External scripts(R)

by dinesh4321 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:43 pm

I have created the R script environment (used this command to create it "create script environment RSCRIPT command '/usr/local/R/bin/Rscript --vanilla --slave'") and tried running the one R script but it fails with the below error message.

ERROR: RS 10 S 332659 R 31A004F LO:Script stderr: external script vfork child: No such file or directory

Is it because of the below line which i am using in the script ?
mydata <- read.csv(file=file("stdin"), header=TRUE)
if (nrow(mydata) > 0){

I am not sure what is it expecting.

I have one more questions to ask.

1) do we need to install the R package on our unix box ? if not then the kognitio package has it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Dinesh
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Error while running External scripts(R)

by markc » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 pm

You need to install R and all relevant packages on every Kognitio database node in the system, as by default external scripts will be invoked on every node. You can read the documentation (mainly chapter 10 of the Kognitio Guide) for further information on how to configure the system to only run external scripts on a subset of the nodes.

I suspect the error you are seeing here is because /usr/local/R/bin/Rscript does not exist on every node in the system, so that would be the first thing for you to check and rectify. Normally you would install R and relevant packages on every node using a deployment tool - with Kognitio appliances using HP hardware, we normally use the HP RDP tool, but there are a number of alternatives including using the Kognitio wxsync command line tool to synchronise files across all nodes, and wxtool -S to run commands on all nodes.
Reply with quote Top