Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Single Poster

Cloning users

by apakandathil » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 pm

There is a feature to clone user in Kognitio console.

Can you inform if there is a way to do this through statements similar to creating a new user by the following command
CREATE USER TUSER password TSECRET SEC_CLASS DEFAULT SCHEMA TUSER;

I checked the logs when cloning but did not see any referred user name only that the grants were given to TUSER
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Cloning users

by markc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I created a user, ORIGINAL, then clone them to a user COPY with that new user having their own schema, and cloning options all ticked.

Then I looked in IPE_COMMAND and could see the following commands run by Console:

create user copy
grant all schema privileges on schema ORIGINAL to copy with grant option
grant create external script on schema ORIGINAL to copy with grant option
grant abort query,abort session,view queries on user copy to copy with grant option

Note that the "create user" command above is truncated in the log, to prevent the user password being shown. Hence you don't see the details of what the rest of the command was (including the schema specification, for example).
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Cloning users

by MikeAtkinson » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:48 pm

The "Actions" log should have the full list of commands executed when cloning the user.

The Messages pane will have a tree in information messages showing what privileges were found for the original user and those granted to the cloned user.

Some users may have a complex set of privileges, which are hard to copy manually. Note that it is recommended that privileges are given to groups and then users made members of these groups.
Reply with quote Top