Forum

General discussion on using the Kognitio Analytical Platform.
Contributor

Using a JDBC bridge to connect Knime to Kognitio

by William » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm

NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS POST REFERS TO THE DEPRECATED JDBC BRIDGE - SEE http://kognitio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=427 FOR INFORMATION ON THE JDBC DRIVER WHICH REPLACES IT

Hi,

A bit of a niche problem but I'm trying to connect to Kognitio using Knime (an open source data analytics, reporting and integration platform).

I'm using a server that has the JDBC bridge installed and I have managed to connect to the database from Knime using:

Database Driver:  com.kognitio.jdbc.Driver
Database URL: jdbc:kognitio://<my IP>:6550

So the connection succeeds but when I try to extract data I get the following Kognitio error message:
[Kognitio][JDBCClient](101101) The connection to the server has been terminated.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

I've been able to read data from Oracle and MySQL without any problems so I'm assuming it's something to do with the JDBC bridge.

Thanks,

Will
Reply with quote Top
Multiple Poster

Re: Using a JDBC bridge to connect Knime to Kognitio

by GraemeCole » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi William,

Looks like you're connecting to our server's port (6550) but you should be connecting to the JDBC bridge port (1543 or 12345, depending on which version you're using). The JDBC bridge will then use our ODBC driver to connect to our server on port 6550.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Using a JDBC bridge to connect Knime to Kognitio

by William » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I get a time out with both of those ports:
Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Connection to database 'jdbc:kognitio://<my db ip>:1543' timed out
Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Connection to database 'jdbc:kognitio://<my db ip>:12345' timed out

Weirdly 6550 is now working perfectly so it may have been a system issue.

Thanks,

Will
Reply with quote Top