Forum

Kognitio Console issues, advice, etc.
Contributor

Setting up saved server details in Linux

by schneider » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm

I've set up ODBC and tested it works using wxsubmit but these aren't in Console.
Where can you save server details for the Linux version of Console?
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Setting up saved server details in Linux

by markc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Anthony,

You can use the Console by putting in the IP address, but it does not pick up the existing entries in e.g. $WCS/odbc.ini as you observed.

I suspect this is because it filters based on the driver name being "Kognitio WX2" or something similar, which works fine with a driver manager (as on Windows), but not in the absence of a DM (as in this case). It might be that this would work with something like UnixODBC as the DM, but we will do some internal investigation and get back to you.

Regards,
Mark.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by schneider » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm

If there is no workaround can I add it as an enhancement. It's just a bit tricky for me to remember all the IP details. Even if it doesn't link up to your ODBC, some way to store saved server details would be great
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by markc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Anthony,

We expect to have a fix for this soon, so you can see the same details from Console as from e.g. submit on Linux.

We'll let you know when a fix is available.

Regards,
Mark.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by markc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am

Anthony,

I have a non-production release of the Console for Linux which fixes this problem for me. I will create a support portal case and attach it to that case so you can download it and let us know if that works for you (note that you will need to have your environment setup so wxsubmit can connect, usually done by setting the WCS environment variable to point at the directory containing your odbc.ini file).

Note that this version will have extra debug output on the command line terminal that was used to initiate Console - that debug will be removed before we do a production release with this fix.

Mark.
Reply with quote Top