Forum

Information and discussion related to the Kognitio on Hadoop product
Contributor

Cannot Enable or Reload Connectors After Cluster Start - PI0028: The external data provider was not found

by tajones » Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Over the weekend we patched our Hadoop nodes. Once we got our clusters started and servers started we attempted to reimage. Our scripts were failing on one of the clusters due to external table connector errors. I at first ran the reload command and then realized the connectors were disabled. We have four on this particular cluster (HDFS, HDFS_ORC, HDFS_PARQUET and MAPREDUCE). I was able to enable HDFS_ORC and HDFS_PARQUET but HDFS and MAPREDUCE will not enable and/or reload. I even attempted to drop and recreate the MAPREDUCE connector and it will not recreate due to the same error. How can we get past this? Our other clusters do not have this problem. The cluster is question is on version 80200, Patch rel170824.

HY000 [Kognitio][WX2 Driver][prod02] PI0028: The external data provider was not found

Info:
The requested external data provider was not found in the server

Action:
Check the external data provider's name against the available providers
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Cannot Enable or Reload Connectors After Cluster Start - PI0028: The external data provider was not found

by michaeld » Thu May 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi,

Often this error is thrown when the underlying module/plugin is inactive. You can check this in console, by expanding the 'plugins' tree, where hadoop may be greyed out. Alternatively, run 'select * from ipe_allplugins' - if the hadoop plugin is not in state=3, you may have a problem. In either case, you can make it active by running 'alter module hadoop set mode active;'. After this, you should be able to create the connectors.

If this doesn't solve your problem, please send us the output of 'select * from ipe_allplugins', and we will advise on the next steps.

Regards,
Mike
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

Re: Cannot Enable or Reload Connectors After Cluster Start - PI0028: The external data provider was not found

by tajones » Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you very much, that worked! Couple of questions:
1) What caused them to become disabled to begin with? This has never happened on any of our clusters before.
2) I still cannot recreate the MAPREDUCE connector. All plugins are state = 3. I was trying this:
create connector MAPREDUCE
source MAPREDUCE;
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by michaeld » Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 pm

The usual way to create a mapreduce connector is with 'source hadoopmap' rather than 'source mapreduce'. Please try creating the connector as described in the link below:

https://kognitio.com/documentation/late ... nector.pdf

Let us know if this doesn't work. Regarding the original cause of this issue, could you please tar up the log directory, and upload the resulting tarball? This can be done with:

<ssh to edge node as the kodoop user>
kodoop mgr prod02 shell
tar -czvf /path/to/output/file `wxlogd smd`/..

Regards,
Mike
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by tajones » Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Thank you, that worked. I used MAPREDUCE originally because that is what I saw when I double clicked on the connector to see details. It was in the Source dropdown.

Regarding the logs, that command failed (b/c there was a directory) but I have uploaded what I think you're looking for. Please let me know if you got the files.
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by michaeld » Mon May 20, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't see an attachment - where did you upload the file?
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by tajones » Tue May 28, 2019 5:47 pm

I tried to upload the files to this post. I clicked "Choose File" and then after selecting my file I clicked "Add Files". I uploaded 2 tar.gz files. I guess it did not work? I tried again just now. I can email them?
Reply with quote Top
Contributor

by michaeld » Tue May 28, 2019 9:22 pm

Yes, please email them to wx2-helpdesk@kognitio.com.

regards,
Mike
Reply with quote Top